Master in English Language and Literature
This English Language and Literature programme at Near East University covers a broad range of theoretical approaches and practical skills for the analysis of literature, giving students the opportunity to develop critical and methodological frameworks while undertaking close readings of a wide range of texts.
|Full-time Duration:||1.5 years|
|Starting in:||September 2020|
|Tuition Fee:||€1,030 / semester|
|Location:||Near East University (Mersin, Turkey)|
The English Language and Literature programme at Near East University seeks to provide students with:
- An appreciation of a range of critical and theoretical perspectives on literature
- An understanding of the development of English literature with a range of political, social and aesthetic contexts
- A comprehension of the various styles, genres and media in which English literature has been produced
You can choose a programme with or without theses.
Applicants are expected to have a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree in English Language and Literature. However, students with a degree in a related subject may also be eligible for admission. Non-standard entrants will be considered on an individual basis.
The program leading to the M.A. degree is a two year (4 semesters) program of full-time study involving seven taught courses (21 credits) , one seminar course and a thesis.The M.A. program is carried out in accordance with the regulations of the Institute of Social Sciences.
- Comparative Narratology: Adaptation and 19th Century English Literature
- Cultural Studies
- Contemporary Literary Theory
- Translation Theory
- British Poetry
- Applied Linguistics
- Advanced Writing Skills
- English Language and Linguistics