Master in Landscape Architecture
The vision of this MSc in Landscape Architecture programme at Near East University is to produce highly qualified environmentally sensitive experts with a global vision related to this discipline.
|Full-time Duration:||2 years|
|Starting in:||September 2020|
|Tuition Fee:||€1,030 / semester|
|Location:||Near East University (Mersin, Turkey)|
The Landscape Architecture MSc programme from Near East University promotes interactions with other related disciplines, including horticulture, architecture, rural planning, urban planning, biological sciences, nature conservation and fine arts.
This is a programme with thesis.
The education language of the programme is English. Landscape Architecture graduate programme involves 7 courses , 1 seminar and a thesis (total 120 ECTS) .
The main aim of the department is to graduate students who can:
- Define the concepts of Landscape Architecture and history of Landscape Architecture.
- Perform analysis, design and management of natural and built environments.
- Understand the physical, cultural, biotic factors which has influence on landscape design.
- Promote sustainable development within the ecological landscape designs
- Integrate Landscape Planning and Landscape Architecture.
- Identify and analyse the important structures in urban and rural landscapes.
- Conduct a qualitative or quantitative research on Landscape Architecture, rural planning, urban planning and nature conservation.
- Understand importance of cultural heritage of built and natural environment.
- Special Protected Area Planning
- Research Methods
- Green Roofs and Vertical Gardens
- Urban Furnitures
- Urban Landscape Planning
- Bushes and Trees in Urban Park Designs
- EIA in Landscape Architecture
- Angiosperm Plants in Landscape Architecture