Master in Medical Biology and Genetics
This Medical Biology and Genetics programme at Near East University aims to provide information on current methods used in biotechnology and their applications.
|Full-time Duration:||2 years|
|Starting in:||September 2020|
|Tuition Fee:||€1,030 / semester|
|Location:||Near East University (Mersin, Turkey)|
After completing this Medical Biology and Genetics programme at Near East University, students will know how and why we give genetic counseling and the approach to dysmorphology.
You can choose a programme with or without theses.
Students do literature search of collecting information on a particular topic, present the collected information will be made into a synthesis report.
Aims of the programme
- Give you information on the basis of molecular genetics of a gene and ?t’s structure and variations of the genome
- To provide information on the mutation and mutagenic agents and the types of mutations
- Students will learn the Molecular cytogenetic methods that are used in the laboratory, their applications and analysis
- Students will learn the in vivo and in vitro fertilization techniques
- Principles of Medical Genetics
- Methods and applications in Biotechnology
- Molecular basis of Developmental Genetics
- Genetic counselling
- Project work
- Molecular Genetic Diseases and diagnostic tools
- Genes and development and inheritance