Master in Molecular Medicine
This Molecular Medicine course at Near East University is built from the basic genetic concepts of molecular genetics.
|Full-time Duration:||2 years|
|Starting in:||September 2020|
|Tuition Fee:||€1,030 / semester|
|Location:||Near East University (Mersin, Turkey)|
Some of the topics included in this Molecular Medicine course at Near East University include the autism spectrum disorders, direct to consumer testing, pain management, complex genetic mechanisms, chronic conditions, screening programs, pharmacogenetics, and emerging genetics specialities.
This is a programme with thesis.
This course will give you a comprehensive study of molecular biology applications and techniques as they relate to medicine. The topics covered in this course include mRNA isolation and Northern blotting, gene cloning, mutation of DNA, real-time quantitative PCR, bioinformatics, expression of recombinant proteins.
The course is designed to provide students with a firm grounding in molecular biology, on which they can integrate more complex concepts addressed in upper level course offerings.
This course aims to provide information regarding etiology, features, testing, and treatment for a variety of genetic conditions.
- Students will learn about different types of stem cells, how they are derived and the extent of their plasticity
- How tumor stem cells give rise to metastases and treatment-resistant remnant cells that cause relapse, and how this impacts on the development of future cancer treatment strategies
- How epigenetic mechanisms encompassing various DNA modifications and histone dynamics are involved in regulating the potentiality and differentiation of stem cells; How microRNAs are involved in regulating stem cell differentiation
- How stem cells are currently being used in the clinic and what kinds of future treatments lie on the horizon
- Students will also be exposed to current Norwegian projects lying at the frontier of stem cell research
- Current Topics in Cell and Molecular Medicine
- Molecular Techniques in Medicine
- Molecular Cell Biology
- Molecular Genetics
- Medical Biochemistry
- Molecular Microbiology
- Molecular Pathology