Master in Pharmacognosy
This Pharmacognosy course at Near East University provides selection and application of chromatographic techniques in natural products research.
|Full-time Duration:||1.5 years|
|Starting in:||September 2020|
|Tuition Fee:||€1,030 / semester|
|Location:||Near East University (Mersin, Turkey)|
The objective of this Pharmacognosy course at Near East University is to discuss main biosynthetic pathways of the primary and secondary metabolites in the plants, and the evaluation of the phytochemical studies of these metabolites.
You can choose a programme with or without theses.
- To make the students able to learn the occurrence of iridoids and secoiridoids from terrestrial plants. To demonstrate their medicinal importance in phytomedicinal products in respect to their biological and pharmacological activities.
- To make the students able to learn the occurrence of saponins (saponosides) from terrestrial plants and marine organism which are important in drug discovery studies and phytomedicine for their biological and pharmacological activities.
- To make the students able to learn the occurrence of cardiac glycosides (cardenolides and bufadienolides) from terrestrial plants and animals for their biological and pharmacological activities.
- Chromatographical Methods in Natural Products Research
- Biosynthesis of Natural Products
- Cardiac (Cardioactive) Glycosides
- Natural Products:Chemistry & Analysis