Master in Phytotherapy
The Phytotherapy programme at Near East University studies the usage properties of herbal medicines, which can be found in pharmacies and usually prescripted by doctors, on patiance groups, side effects, contraendications if any and the production of herbal medicinal products, seminars about GAHP and GLP
|Full-time Duration:||1.5 years|
|Starting in:||September 2020|
|Tuition Fee:||€1,030 / semester|
|Location:||Near East University (Mersin, Turkey)|
The Phytotherapy programme at Near East University will give you valuable information about complimentary treatments, developed from traditional usage to today, such as Ayurveda, Chinese Medicine, Korean Medicine, Campo Medicine etc.
You can choose a programme with or without theses.
Raising health professionals who are educated about the safe and right usage of the herbal medicines, which are widely used and produced all over the world, prevent the public from being harmed due to interactions of herbs-drugs and the wrong usage of herbal products, contribute to the prevention and improvement of public health.
Topics discussed during this course
- Preparing herbal medicinal teas using herbs that are appropriate ESCOP and EMA-HMPC monographs
- written in Herbal Medicinal Tea Prescriptions books; the protective and supportive usages of the fatty oils (fixed oils) (wheatgerm oil,pomegranate oil etc) obtained by cold pres or supercritical CO2 extraction method on todays most important health issues such as diabetes, obesity, cancer ve cardiovascular disorders, demands and stress and the results of the clinical trials are given
- Teaching the ingredients that plants are used in treatments phytochemicals, chemical structures, quantitation and biological activities and usage areas and dosages, side effects and contraindications.
- Phytotherapy Seminars
- Traditional and Complementary Treatments
- Medicinal Teas and Medicinal Oils
- Rational Phytotherapy and Clinical Trials
- Clinical Aromatherapy
- Materia Medica
- Phytopharmacology and Herbs – Drugs Interactions
- Scientific Researches and Innovation on Phytotherapy